Monday, April 25, 2011

PLANET ME

How much should I even care about me?
The I that I sometimes despise, sometimes love.
I have wanted to stop myself being there before,
Considered ending me.
I want to be alive for things beyond my control.
As I do however care about you.

Am I crazy?
Or too stupid to realize the beauty of all around me?
Would I become Death?
A shatterer of worlds?
Have I lived enough to understand?
That God does not play dice?
Have my rose-tinted glasses been shattered?
Or simply slightly cracked?
Is change always sweet?
Or is change anything but change?

My mind wanders.

If love is blind, I would gouge out my eyes for you.
If love is kind, I will serve you to death.

My tongue is that of men, not angels.
But I will speak pure poetry for you.
Let my voice be heard.
Not as a bell or cymbal.

Have I learned?
That I am not Of mice, nor men?
That I have not a soul?
But rather am soul, with body?

Do you see anything in me?
Let me know if you do.
Because I see beauty flow through you.
Not just what I see as your flawless appearance.
But what lies beneath your smiling eyes.

POSTED 25/04/2011

No comments:

Post a Comment